Thursday, May 28, 2009

Test One, Two. Test.

I did it! Feeling like a drug dealer with my cold-cash in hand, I marched into Best Buy with mounds of information ingrained in my mind and headed directly to the computer section of the store. I think the men in blue polos could tell I was on a mission - they left me alone in my diligent study of two particular machines. After I felt I made a good assesment combined with my brother's wisdom, I asked a four-eyed blue shirted gentelman a few questions, made up my mind, marched right on up to the check-out, and dealt the cashier several 50-dollar bills, a few twenties and a five. He laid every last bill out on the counter to recount my "drug money," printed my receipt and handed me my change: $1.21. Perfect.

And here I am, blogging my first "real" blog on my first real laptop. Nearly had an anxiety attack over it, but feel darn good about it so far. It's a Dell Studio 17. For those of you who understand: Intel Core 2 Duo processor; 4GB memory; 320GB hard drive; extended-life 9-cell battery; facial recognition security (that's so bogus, isn't it!?); and a load of other fancies that I don't even know about yet.

It feels good to have intentionally saved up for this (hopefully) wise investment that will be a great aid in my future schooling and work without having to make payments, beg for money, or take out a loan. If only the rest of my education would come that way! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment